Each year we invite our member campuses to recognize special achievements on campus and in community with the annual Iowa & Minnesota Campus Compact Awards. In preserving traditions in both states in our network, two types of awards are offered each year: Iowa & Minnesota Campus Compact Presidents’ Awards recognize outstanding contributions in civic and community engagement by students, faculty, staff, collaborative teams, and community organizations. Iowa & Minnesota Campus Compact Engaged Campus Awards recognize great projects, partnerships, and programs related to civic and community engagement. For the 2022 award cycle, each member campus is invited to select one awardee in each category for both President’s Awards and Engaged Campus Awards. Awardees may be individuals or groups at the discretion of the member campus.
- The Presidents’ Student Leadership Award recognizes an individual student or a student organization that models a deep commitment to civic responsibility and leadership, evidenced by initiative, innovative and collaborative approaches to addressing public issues, effective community building, and integration of civic engagement into the college experience.
- The Presidents’ Civic Engagement Leadership Award recognizes a member of the faculty, administration, or staff or for a group (e.g., advisory committee, task force, project team) that has significantly advanced their campus’ distinctive civic mission by forming strong partnerships, supporting others’ civic and community engagement, and working to institutionalize a culture and practice of engagement.
- The Presidents’ Community Partner Award recognizes a community-based partner or organization that has enhanced the quality of life in the community in meaningful and measurable ways and has engaged in the development of sustained, reciprocal partnerships with the college or university, thus enriching educational as well as community outcomes.
- The Engaged Campus Award for Alumni Leadership recognizes an alum from a member institution making strong contributions to their community and demonstrating the values of the civic mission of higher education.
- The Engaged Campus Award for Community Collaboration recognizes a collaboration co-created with community organizations, leaders, and/or partners that is deep, reciprocal, and transformational.
- The Engaged Campus Award for Emerging Innovation recognizes a recent project, program, or initiative making unique and innovative contributions that demonstrate strong future potential, including student-led projects.
In 2022, we will host a virtual awards event on Wednesday, May 4, 2022 from 11 am – 12 pm to celebrate our awardees. Nominations were due in March 2022 and are now closed. Information about awardees will be shared in late April, first with nominating campuses, then those selected for awards, then with our network.