- This event has passed.
Webinar: Engaging Online: Promising Practices in E-Service Learning and Digital Civic Engagement
July 16, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
In this interactive webinar, we will highlight promising practices in building community-engaged experiences and courses online. Webinar presenters will comment on a range of topics, including:
- reimagining face-to-face civic and community engagement in an online environment
- incorporating effective learning design, digital tools, and assessments
- engaging community partners, students, and other stakeholders through online platforms
- naming and addressing barriers to access including how racial disparities and bias are encoded online
- a Q&A with participants related to community-engaged learning online in the context of COVID-19
Several of the participants contributed to E-Service Learning: Creating Experiential Learning and Civic Engagement Through Online and Hybrid Courses edited by Katherine Nordyke and Jean Strait (Stylus, 2016), and participants in the webinar will receive a discount code for the book.