Communities of Practice
2017-18 Communities of Practice: Apply to participate!
The University of Minnesota Office for Public Engagement and Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin Campus Compacts will co-sponsor a set of six issue-focused Communities of Practice (CoPs) in 2017-18. These CoPs are open to faculty, staff, administrators, students, and community partners affiliated with the University of Minnesota and Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin Campus Compact member campuses.
CoPs will launch with an in-person gathering on October 13, 2017 in a Minneapolis/St. Paul location TBD, and then meet four times* via video conference call. (*The Equity and Empowerment Lens CoP will have seven calls.) Each CoP is co-facilitated by leaders from our network, and there is no charge to participate.
This summer Minnesota Campus Compact will also hold five regional gatherings that will include a train-the-trainer session on communities of practice. We encourage you to join us at one of them; see the dates, locations, and agenda here.
The following six regional Communities of Practice are being offered in 2017-18:
1) Equity and Empowerment Lens
2) Promoting Understanding through Listening and Storytelling
3) Developing as Community Engagement Professionals
4) Strengthening Our Personal and Institutional Capacity for Reflective Practice
5) The Scholarship of Engagement Viewed from Community and Academic Lenses: Mirror Image or Distinctive Reflections?
6) Implementing Your Civic Action Plan