Communities of Practice
2017-18 Communities of Practice: Apply to co-chair!
The University of Minnesota Office for Public Engagement and Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin Campus Compacts will co-sponsor a set of institutional and regional CoPs in 2017-18. We are currently accepting applications for CoP co-chairs, due by April 17, 2017. With questions contact Sinda at MNCC or contact Amber at OPE.
This summer Minnesota Campus Compact will also hold five regional gatherings that will include a train-the-trainer session on communities of practice. If you might be interested in hosting one of the regional gatherings, contact Julie at MNCC.
The following five Communities of Practice are being offered in 2016-17:
1) Beyond the Individual: Building Collaboratives for Greater Impact (Creating and measuring impact collectively)
2) Culture of Collaborative Engagement (Overcoming institutional silos)
3) Dialogue and Deliberation Across the Curriculum (Teaching and learning strategies)
4) Engaging in Difficult Conversations Across Difference to Promote Trust, Compassion, and Empathy
5) How Do We Make Engagement Work for All People? (Supporting engagement with low-income students and students of color)