Information for Prospective Host Sites
Each fall, Minnesota Campus Compact releases a Request for Proposals (RFP) for new host sites. Download them here:
If a site is approved to become a host-site, they will recruit, interview, and select a VISTA in the spring. VISTAs will start their year of service in late July. Our staff are happy to speak with you about your interest in hosting a VISTA at any time. With questions, please contact Sinda at sinda[at]mncampuscompact[dot]org or 612-436-2080.
Host Site Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Alignment with one or more CHC program goal: Project is focused on improving low-income people’s access to health care, health education, or food and hunger alleviation programs.
- Capacity building: Project is focused on increasing the applying organization’s capacity to provide those health and/or hunger services, not direct service or administration of ongoing programs.
- Low-income populations: Project is focused on serving low-income populations.
- Campus-community partnership: Campus-community partnership activities are an integral part of the project.
- VISTA assignment: The VISTA Assignment Description (VAD) is actionable and achievable.
- Measuring outcomes: Project includes a plan to collect data on outputs and outcomes.
- Support: The applying organization has capacity to provide regular, high-quality supervision, professional development opportunities, adequate work space, and other supports to the VISTA member.
- Organizational type: Nonprofits and public agencies that are eligible for federal funds may host CHC VISTAs, including public or private, non-profit higher education institutions.
- Minnesota Campus Compact Affiliation: Only those higher education institutions that belong to Minnesota Campus Compact (MNCC) are eligible to host a VISTA. For community-based organizations, their designated campus partner must be an MNCC member. If an interested, accredited higher education institution is not included on the current list of Minnesota Campus Compact members, it may join MNCC when it or the partner applies for a CHC VISTA.
- Financial Contribution: Selected host sites must be able to make the financial contribution toward the costs associated with supporting a VISTA and their living allowance. This amount varies by year and will be detailed in the RFP. Please contact us for more information.