Minnesota Campus Compact’s core goal is building the capacity of our member institutions and leaders to advance higher education’s public purpose.
Our staff is available for consultation and training with member and non-member campuses, as well as partner organizations.
Executive Director Julie Plaut brings twenty years of leadership experience in civic engagement, including service-learning and engaged scholarship, as well as institutional change; she is also certified to facilitate Work on Purpose programming for students. Associate Director Sinda Nichols has significant experience in facilitation of group processes, experiential education, and civic leadership development.
In recent years, for example, campuses have asked us to:
- Present on-campus workshops for faculty on different approaches to community-engaged learning and research, publishing opportunities, and advanced engagement work reaching across disciplines, units, or terms;
- Facilitate strategic planning with campus leaders eager to integrate and deepen engaged teaching, research, and co-curricular programs;
- Introduce a variety of stakeholders (community members, students, staff, faculty) to asset-based approaches to collaborative public work;
- Facilitate workshops with staff, faculty, and/or students on civic agency and civic leadership, including content from our civic agency workshop series;
- Speak at conferences about the case for civic engagement and effective strategies for faculty development;
- Serve on search committees for key civic engagement positions; and
- Participate in conversations about institutionalization efforts, new programs, and engaging graduate students.
Of course, we aren’t assuming that all consulting and training has to come from us to you! If you would be interested in sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues across the state, please be in touch. The MNCC staff is always eager to learn more about strengths in the network, so we can build on them when planning events, recommending resources to others, and writing for our newsletter, website, or publications.