Engaged Teaching and Learning
Engaged Faculty Institute Curriculum
Read more about this resource from Community-Campus Partnerships for Health, California Campus Compact, and Campus Compact of the Mountain West. The complete Engaged Faculty Institute (EFI) Curriculum can be downloaded or to view the curriculum in individual units, click on the individual units:
- Unit 1: Understanding Service-Learning
- Unit 2: Cultural Competence
- Unit 3: Establishing Community-Campus Partnerships
- Unit 4: Establishing Course Objectives, Learner Outcomes, and Competencies
- Unit 5: Planning Course Instruction & Service Activities
- Unit 6: Critical Reflection
- Unit 7: Designing Course Evaluations and Improvement Plans
- Unit 8: Building Service-Learning Course Infrastructure
- Unit 9: Sustaining a Service-Learning Course
- Unit 10: Pursuing Opportunities for Service-Learning Scholarship
Digital Strategies for Engaged Teaching and Learning
- Online Service-Learning – Archived Webinar with Marie Sandy and Susan Reed
- Fusion Project – Maine Campus Compact
- Grounding Service-Learning in the Digital Age: Exploring a Virtual Sense of Geographic Place Through Online Collaborative Mapping and Mixed Media by Sandy and Franco.
- Engaging Students and Communities Through Innovative Technology, by John Hamerlinck – Archived Webinar
- Service-Learning in Online Courses: Opportunities and Challenges, by John Hammerlinck – Archived Webinar
- Service Learning in Online Courses, by Dr. Jean Strait – Archived Webinar
- Critical digital pedagogy – TeachThought
- Site provides a great guide to screencasting for education
- The world teachers must adapt to
- Webcast focuses on MOOCs and Service Learning
- Experiential Learning where people are, now where you wish they were
- Do It Yourself GIS: 20 Free Tools
- Georgia college produces student-written
- Gaming for Social Good
- Kurt Squire on Civic Engagement Through Digital Games – video
- Engaging and Motivating Students – video
- Mapping the best resources for Digital Advocates
- Open Access Explained – video
Strategies for Creating Inclusive Spaces on and off Campus
a project of the Minnesota Campus Compact Cultural Agility Collaboration
- Developing Inclusive Spaces: Overview and Highlights (26:00)
- Chapter 1: What are inclusive spaces?
- Chapter 2: What makes you feel excluded?
- Chapter 3: What are ways to create inclusive spaces?
- Chapter 4: What can you do?
- Developing Inclusive Spaces (all sections)
Check back soon. We’ll be adding resources here in the coming months.